Thursday, July 22, 2010

Internships, etc.

Yesterday, I had an interview for an internship at TokyoPop. I got along well with one of the CEOs. He even knew where Kichijoji was. We also (probably couldn't avoid it but) had a conversation about ninjas. I need to be enrolled in a school to be eligible to even do the internship so they said they might pass along some translation work to me or something.

Today, I have another internship interview provided for me by a friend here who is also actually from Georgia. This one seems more promising too just judging from the way the e-mails are written. The woman that will interview me apparently is in dire need of an assistant. It seem to be more able to become some kind of paid position more quickly than TokyoPop. It's a post-production house that does animation work, voices, subtitling, and localization. I think they did the voice-over recordings for Halo even.

Other than that, still trying to get into Square-Enix and some of my friends are passing along my resumé for at least some kind of PA work.

I wish I could go to Comic-Con (going on right now) but I don't need to spend the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment